DataVault 7 requires a Password for your License Account and Passwords for each of the Secure Folders you create on your DV7-installed devices
How to Reset your License Account Password
When purchasing DataVault, you are given an ENC License Account. This account is used to log in to DataVault, it does NOT provide any access to your secure files.
If you want to reset your account Password, or if you are unable to log in with your existing password, you should reset your password here: https://encsecurity.com/account/forgotten-password
How to Change Your Secure Folder password(s)
The passwords for your Secure Folders should NOT be the same for all folders.
If you want to change the password for a Secure Folder, do the following:
- Open the DV7 program and log in to the main screen and your Secure Folders;
- Click on the Gear Icon of the Secure Folder for which you want to change your password;
- On the open Menu window choose the Password option, enter your current password, and the new password;
- If you want to use a password hint, that option is on the menu;
If you cannot recall the password for a Secure Folder, even with the Hint that you preset, then you will not be able to recover the files in that folder.
You are the only one who has your Secure Folder passwords, and we cannot reset them. If you have important files in the folder, DO NOT delete the folder:
- click on the triangle icon on the folder and disconnect it;
- leave the Secure Folder on your device, in case you can later discover or recall it;
- if you do not need to save the folder, delete it from the device it resides on;
In many cases, people are unable to open the Secure Folder because either the CAPS LOCK or the NUM LOCK button has been pressed when the password was created, or when attempting to open the folder. You may find a solution by trying various combinations.