You report a receiving a license error when launching the DataVault program. The error message is " The current license is registered to another machine".
According to our database, you have the program activated on 2 devices, so you still have one space left.
Repairing the License file on the flash drive
If you have a license loading error or a license registration error at any point during the installation of the software or when running the program on your flash drive, delete the DataVault Settings folder and then run the program executable file.
Repairing the License file on a Windows computer
If the program is installed on your computer and you receive a license loading error or a license registration error during or after the installation of DataVault, please follow the steps below:
- On your hard drive check to see if the following folders exist:
- C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\DataVault
- C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\ENC Security Systems BV\DataVault
- If either of these folders contains a DataVault Settings folder,
- Start DataVault
Note: replace [your username]\ with your username
Repairing the License file on an Apple computer
If you are using a Mac computer, please follow the steps below:
- If there is any DataVault settings folder on your USB drive, please remove it
- Open your finder, click on your Mac name under devices and look for the following folder
- \Users\[your username]\Library\Application Support\ENC Security Systems BV\
- If either of these folders contains a folder named DataVault Settings delete it.
- Start DataVault
Note: replace [your username]\ with your actual username
On High Sierra and Mojave Mac OS X, the Mac Library folder may be hidden.
- Here are the steps to find the DataVault Settings folder:
- Open Mac Finder;
- On the Menu click Go and hold down the Shift key;
- Holding the Option key, click on 'Library';
- Click on the Application Support folder;
- Open the ENC Security BV folder;
- Delete the ENCDataVault Settings folder