When you use the Synchronization feature on the Menu bar of the program, you are “Syncing” a Vault with a peer folder at some other location on your computer or network. This is a bidirectional process, and the “target” files to be synced in either folder are the older versions.
Sync a Folder
- Open the Vault and select the folder you want to sync across other devices;
- On the Menu bar click: TOOLS > ADD SYNC PEER;
- A window will open. Navigate to the drive available and choose the folder you want to have as the sync peer. Make sure that neither your Vault nor the peer folder are empty. Note: If you remove a file from the vault folder or the peer folder and subsequently perform a synchronization, you will be warned about the file being deleted, and be given a choice whether to delete it completely or not;
- Click on “Select Folder”. The initial syncing will now be performed;
- If any files have been changed, added or deleted a red dot is displayed on the “Synchronize” icon indicating the number of files to be synchronized;
- Select a vault and click on the synchronization button. Or by using the Menu, click on “Tools”, then click on “Synchronization”.
Unsync a Folder
1. Select the Vault icon or open the Vault;
2. Right mouse click on the Vault icon or in the open Vault. Click PROPERTIES > SYNCHRONIZATION;
3. Click on the peer folder to be removed from the list of sync peers and click the minus key (-);
4. On this open window, you can also click on the plus sign (+) to add peer folders.