To move a Vault to another computer follow these steps:
- On the old computer, locate the "DataVault Vault" folder on the hard drive and copy and paste it to a USB for temporary storage. The path of the Vault folder is C:/Users/[your_username]/DataVault Vault;
- On the new computer, download DataVault from the website download page: www.encsecurity.com/datavault/download
- Run the installer and register the computer with your license key, this will use a space available on your license;
- Insert the flash drive in the computer's USB port;
- Copy the "DataVault Vault" folder on the USB and paste it to your new computer desktop;
- Start the DataVault application on the computer and login;
- In the Menu, click FILE > ADD EXISTING VAULT
- In the opened window, navigate to the desktop location and select the Vault;
- In the open dialog window, enter the password that was last used to open the Vault on your old computer.
The Vault will now be reconnected to DataVault on the new computer.
To add an existing Vault follow these steps:
- Open the external drive with Windows Explorer or Finder (for Mac);
- Copy the "DataVault Vault" folder and paste it to your desktop, as a backup;
- If the Vault is not already on the drive, copy it from the source to the external drive, giving it a different name;
- Run DataVault by launching it on the external drive;
- After you log in, open the File Menu and choose 'Add Existing Vault'
- On the Open window navigate to the location of the Vault folder to be added;
- Add the Vault folder with the correct password;
- If you are not able to open the added Vault, right-click on the Vault icon and under "Properties" on the drop-down menu, choose "Repair Vault".
The added Vault should be accessible when you log in to DataVault.