In order to completely uninstall the software and reinstall it, you need to remove the Vault (with your files) and the Settings folder. That of course means that your stored files are permanently lost.
Below are steps for completely removing and reinstalling the software on your computer.
If the software is installed on an external USB-connected drive, delete all the DataVault files and folders to start a fresh installation.
Note: If you have a vault on the flash drive for SecureAccess or EncryptStick software, do NOT remove that vault folder.
Basic uninstallation in Windows
- Go to the Windows Control panel;
- Go to Programs and Features;
- Select ENC DataVault and click uninstall.
After this uninstallation, you will most likely have to restart your computer to fully complete the uninstall (one driver used by the application can only be uninstalled if not in use)
Removal of the DataVault Settings folders
- Click start => run (or open the address bar of Windows Explorer);
- Enter C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local;
- Look for the folder ENC Security Systems BV;
- Delete this folder.
Deleting the DataVault Vault on Your PC
The above steps do not delete the vault in the existing installation. IF YOU HAVE A BACKUP OR COPY OF YOUR VAULT AND YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE THE VAULT ON THE DRIVE, then delete the vault and its contents, as follows:
- Open Windows Explorer on your computer;
- Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\DataVault Vault
- Delete the vault folder
Basic uninstallation in Mac
- Make sure DataVault is closed and then open Finder;
- On the Mac's top menu bar, click on Go
- On the open menu, hold the OPTION key and On the Drop-down menu, Select Library
- Depending on your OS X version you may have to hold the OPTION key and choose Go to Folder > Library/Application Support
- In the Application Support folder, find the ENC Security Systems BV folder;
- Delete the folder;
- Close Finder;