The easiest way to unencrypt and copy several files at once is with these steps:
- Log into the DataVault application and open a Vault folder;
- Hold Ctrl key and select the files you want to encrypt;
- In the program Menu, click FILE > SAVE FILE(S) TO;
- A Window will open. Navigate to the correct destination on your computer, and highlight the chosen folder;
- Click on "Select Folder";
- The file(s) will be copied to the destination folder, in decrypted format; The original encrypted files are still in the vault.
If you want to unencrypt or copy an individual file from the vault to your computer's desktop:
- With the program running, open the Vault and the folder;
- Drag and drop the file you want to unencrypt onto your desktop;
- The file copied to the desktop is decrypted and the encrypted file is still in the Vault.
Or use the following Windows shortcut keys:
Control + Drag & Drop: this will always copy the files when you drag and drop them, even when the default behaviour is to move them (i.e., when dragging files between different folders on the same drive).
Shift + Drag & Drop: this will always move the files when you drag and drop them, even when the default behavior is to copy them (i.e., when dragging files to a folder on a different drive).
NOTE: If you have DataVault program open and you are logged into your vaults, you can SECURELY delete any file or folder in the "My Computer" area on the program's interface screen, WITHOUT having to copy or move it.